License NGINX Controller
This topic explains how to upload and manage licenses for NGINX Controller.
NGINX Controller licenses can be either connected or disconnected licenses:
- A connected license sends telemetry data to F5, which enables pricing based on usage. When adding a connected license, you must provide a customer Association Token, which you can get from the MyF5 Customer Portal.
- A disconnected license doesn’t send telemetry data to F5. To add a disconnected license, you can upload the license file using the NGINX Controller web interface or the NGINX Controller API.
Get Your License
To access your license, get your Customer Access Token, or sign up for a trial license, visit the MyF5 Customer Portal.
Add or Update a License
To add or update a license for NGINX Controller, take the following steps:
In the Upload a license section of the page, select an upload option:
- Upload license file – Locate and select your license file in the file explorer.
- Paste your Association Token or license file – Paste your customer Association Token or the contents of your NGINX Controller license file. These are available on the MyF5 Customer Portal.
Select Save license.
View License Details
- On the NGINX Controller menu, select Platform > License > Controller License.
- On the Licenses page, you can view the details for the applied licenses, including license limitations, status, and the expiration date.
Delete a License
When you license NGINX Controller, you have full access to all of the features included in the license.
If you haven’t licensed NGINX Controller, or if your license has expired, you can still access the following restricted set of features:
- Log in and out of NGINX Controller
- Manage licenses
- Manage users
- Manage user groups
- Manage roles
- Manage integration accounts
- Manage support bundles
- Manage backups
- View alerts
Troubleshoot Licensing Issues
If NGINX Controller appears to be unlicensed after a version upgrade, try the following options to resolve the issue.
This documentation applies to the following versions of NGINX Controller Documentation: 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, 3.9, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.13 and 3.14.