Manage Your Instance Templates
Create and manage templates for your NGINX Plus instances.
An Instance Template defines the parameters to use when creating a data plane instance.
Take the following steps to create an Instance Template:
Open the NGINX Controller user interface and log in.
Select the NGINX Controller menu icon, then select Infrastructure > Instance Templates.
Select Create Instance Template.
Add a name.
(Optional) Add a display name.
(Optional) Add a description.
(Optional) Add tags.
Select a Location in the list, or select Create New to create a Location.
Select the Instance Template type.
AWS_INSTANCE_TEMPLATEto create a template for NGINX instances on Amazon Web Services. For instructions on how to deploy NGINX instances on AWS, refer to the tutorial Add an AWS NGINX Instance.
Specify whether a public IP address should be assigned to the instance.
Enabling WAF via the App Security add-on is not supported when deploying Instances with an Instance Template.
Take the following steps to view or delete an Instance Template:
- Open the NGINX Controller user interface and log in.
- Select the NGINX Controller menu icon, then select Infrastructure.
- On the Infrastructure Menu, select Instance Templates.
- On the My Instance Templates menu, select Overview.
- To view the details for an Instance Template, choose the Instance Template from the list. This opens a side panel with the template’s details.
- To delete an Instance Template, choose the Instance Template from the list, then select Delete (trash icon).
This documentation applies to the following versions of NGINX Controller: 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, 3.9, 3.10, 3.12, 3.13, 3.14, 3.15, 3.16.1, 3.17 and 3.18.