Overview of NGINX for Azure
Learn about NGINX for Azure.
NGINX for Azure is a SaaS offering which is tightly integrated into Microsoft Azure public cloud and its ecosystem, making applications fast, efficient, and reliable with full lifecycle management of advanced NGINX traffic services. NGINX for Azure (SaaS) is available in the Azure Marketplace.
NGINX for Azure is powered by NGINX Plus, which extends NGINX Open Source with advanced functionality and provides customers with a complete application delivery solution. Initial use cases covered by NGINX for Azure include L7 HTTP load balancing and reverse proxy which can be managed via the Azure portal. NGINX for Azure allows you to provision distinct deployments as per your business or technical requirements.
The key capabilities of NGINX for Azure are:
- Simplifies onboarding by leveraging NGINX as a service.
- Lowers operational overhead in running and optimizing NGINX.
- Simplifies NGINX deployments with fewer moving parts (edge routing is built into the service).
- Supports migration of existing NGINX configurations to cloud with minimal effort.
- Integrates with the Azure ecosystem (Azure Active Directory, Azure Key Vault, and Azure Monitor).
- Addresses a wide range of deployment scenarios (HTTP reverse proxy, JWT authentication, etc).
- Adopts a consumption-based pricing to align infrastructure costs to actual usage by billing transactions via Azure.
To get started, check the NGINX for Azure prerequisites