Learn about NGINX Management Suite.
NGINX Management Suite is a family of management plane solutions that enable governance of the NGINX data plane to easily scale, secure, and monitor applications and APIs. It consists of several modules:
The NIM module allows you to configure, scale, and manage NGINX Open Source and NGINX Plus instances.
The NIM module was initially developed as a REST API that uses standard authentication methods, HTTP response codes, and verbs. The NIM REST API allows you to access all of the NIM features, manage NIM objects and the NMS platform programmatically, view metrics, edit configurations, manage certificates, create users, and more.
The NIM features available through NGINX Management System’s web interface are built on top of this REST API.
The NIM module provides the following features:
- View metrics and information about data plane host systems and NGINX instances
- View, edit, and publish NGINX configurations
- Save NGINX configurations for future deployment
- Analyze NGINX configurations for syntactic errors before publishing them
- Scan the network to find unmanaged NGINX instances.
- Manage certificates
- Create users, roles, and role permissions for role-based access control
The ACM module enables self-service and automation of API delivery. ACM allows you to deploy, configure, secure, monitor, and govern API gateways at scale.
The ACM module provides a REST API that uses standard authentication methods, HTTP response codes, and verbs.
You can use the API Connectivity Manager API to connect, secure, and govern your APIs. In addition, ACM lets you separate infrastructure lifecycle management from the API lifecycle, allowing your IT/Ops teams and application developers to work independently.
The ACM module provides the following features:
- Create and manage isolated workspaces
- Create and manage API infrastructure in isolated workspaces
- Enforce uniform security policies across workspaces using global policies
- Create Developer Portals with custom color themes, logos, and favicons
- Onboard APIs to an API Gateway cluster and publish API documentation to the Developer Portal
- Apply policies to API proxies to provide custom quality of service for individual applications
- Issue API keys or basic authentication credentials for access to the API
The Security Monitoring module allows you to monitor NGINX App Protect WAF with analytics dashboards and security log details to get protection insights for analyzing possible threats or areas for tuning policies.
The Security Monitoring module provides the following features:
- Informative dashboards that provide valuable protection insights
- In-depth security log details to help with analyzing possible threats and making policy decisions