Add a License
This topic explains how to add a license to NGINX Instance Manager.
This documentation applies to NGINX Instance Manager 2.0.0 and later.
If you don’t have a license yet, take the following steps to get one:
- To sign up for a license for NGINX Instance Manager, go to the MyF5 Customer Portal. Sign in to your account or create a new one.
- In the top menu, select My Products & Plans > Trials.
- In the Trial Offers section, locate NGINX Instance Manager, then select Start Your Trial. It may take a few minutes to set up your enrollment.
- Select NGINX Instance Manager in the My Trials section.
- Select the Licenses and Certificates link.
- Download the license, certificate, and key file. See the table below for descriptions of these files.
- Next, complete the steps to install NGINX Instance Manager. Then follow the steps below to add your license.
Your NGINX Instance Manager enrollment includes the following license and certificate files. The filenames might be different depending on your enrollment type.
Table: License and Certificate Files
||Public certificate needed to install NGINX Plus from a repository.||Place in
||Private key needed to install NGINX Plus from a repository. NGINX Plus is included as a frontend proxy for NGINX Instance Management Server.||Place in
||License for the NGINX Instance Manager Server|
To add a license to NGINX Instance Manager, take the following steps:
- Log in to NGINX Instance Manager.
- Select the Settings gear icon.
- Select Upload License.
- Locate the
.licfile on your system, then select Upload.
If you have issues uploading a license, make sure you’re using the newest version of these supported web browsers: