Installation with NGINX App Protect Dos
This document provides an overview of the steps required to use NGINX App Protect Dos with your NGINX Ingress Controller deployment.
Note: The NGINX Kubernetes Ingress Controller integration with NGINX App Protect DoS requires the use of NGINX Plus.
This document provides an overview of the steps required to use NGINX App Protect DoS with your NGINX Ingress Controller deployment. You can visit the linked documents to find additional information and instructions.
- Make sure you have access to the Ingress Controller image:
- For NGINX Plus Ingress Controller, see here for details on how to pull the image from the F5 Docker registry.
- To pull from the F5 Container registry in your Kubernetes cluster, configure a docker registry secret using your JWT token from the MyF5 portal by following the instructions from here.
- It is also possible to build your own image and push it to your private Docker registry by following the instructions from here.
- Clone the Ingress Controller repo:
$ git clone https://github.com/nginxinc/kubernetes-ingress.git --branch v3.0.1 $ cd kubernetes-ingress
kubectl apply -f common/ns-and-sa.yaml
- Deploy the app protect dos arbitrator
kubectl apply -f deployment/appprotect-dos-arb.yaml kubectl apply -f service/appprotect-dos-arb-svc.yaml
Take the steps below to create the Docker image that you’ll use to deploy NGINX Ingress Controller with App Protect DoS in Kubernetes.
When running the
makecommand to build the image, be sure to use the
debian-image-dos-plustarget. For example:
make debian-image-dos-plus PREFIX=<your Docker registry domain>/nginx-plus-ingress
Alternatively, if you want to run on an OpenShift cluster, use the
If you want to include the App Protect WAF module in the image, you can use the
debian-image-nap-dos-plustarget or the
ubi-image-nap-dos-plustarget for OpenShift.
Take the steps below to set up and deploy the NGINX Ingress Controller and App Protect DoS module in your Kubernetes cluster.
Important: You must have an admin role to configure RBAC in your Kubernetes cluster.
Enable the App Protect Dos module by adding the
enable-app-protect-doscli argument to your Deployment or DaemonSet file.
For more information, see the Configuration guide,the NGINX Ingress Controller with App Protect DoS example for VirtualServer and the NGINX Ingress Controller with App Protect DoS example for Ingress.