Follow the steps in this guide to add new users to NGINX Instance Manager
This documentation applies to NGINX Instance Manager 2.0.0 and later.
To add users and assign roles, take the following steps:
Open the NGINX Instance Manager web interface and log in.
Select the Settings gear icon.
In the left menu, select Users.
On the Create User form, enter information for the user:
- Username: Required. A unique username to identify the user.
- Email: The user’s email address.
- First Name: The user’s first name.
- Last Name: The user’s last name.
- Description: A brief summary of the user.
In the Roles list, select one or more roles to assign to the user. See Create a Role to add roles to the list.
Changes made to a user may take up to 10 minutes to take effect.
To log in to NGINX Instance Manager, users need to have an entry in the NGINX Management Suite’s NGINX
.htpasswdfile. For instructions on how to configure NGINX basic authentication, see the NGINX HTTP Basic Authentication documentation.