This document helps you configure NGINX Instance Manager.
- Get the installation packages or binaries.
- Get license files.
- Download NGINX Instance Manager Server license file (for production use)
- Optional: Download repository certificate and key (for repo access)
- Install Instance Manager Server and start service.
Assuming you are using the default ports (that is,
11000 on an external IP), then for production, use the authenticate document to proxy and secure your NGINX Instance Manager Server.
After installing the server, you can configure options in multiple ways. The most common method is to utilize the configuration file, however, command-line options are also available.
NGINX Instance Manager uses a conf file located in /etc/nginx-manager/nginx-manager.conf by default.
The nginx-manager binary will look in the binary file location first for a configuration file, then use the /etc/nginx-manager/nginx-manager.conf file. Command line options also override these. The order of precendence from highest to lowest is:
- Command Line
- First config found (".", “/etc/nginx-manager”)
- Command Default
Here is a sample conf file and also the default when you install NGINX Instance Manager, located in /etc/nginx-manager/nginx-manager.conf