Follow the steps in this guide to add new users to NGINX Instance Manager
This documentation applies to NGINX Instance Manager 2.0.0 and later.
To add users and assign them roles, take the following steps:
- Open the NGINX Instance Manager web interface and log in.
- Select the Settings gear icon.
- In the left menu, select Users.
- Select Create.
- In the Username box, type the username for the new user. This is used as the
Nginx-Management-Suite-Userheader for the user.
- In the Email box, type the user’s email address.
- In the First Name box, type the user’s first name.
- In the Last Name box, type the user’s last name.
- (Optional) In the Description box, add a description for the user account.
- In the Roles list, select one or more roles to assign the user. See Creating Roles to add roles to the list.
Changes made to a user may take up to 10 minutes to take effect.
Admin users can view, add, and change any system tags, as well as any access levels. Non-admin users are restricted to viewing only the roles and tags they’ve been assigned.