You can logically group your NGINX Instances by their physical locations using the Locations settings page.
By default, NGINX Instances are added to the
unspecifiedLocation. The unspecified Location is a system-owned resource that can’t be updated or deleted.
Create a Location
Take the following steps to create a Location:
Open the NGINX Controller user interface and log in.
Select the NGINX Controller menu icon, then select Infrastructure.
On the Infrastructure Menu, select Locations.
On the Quick Action menu, select Create Location.
On the Create Location page, provide the Location name.
(Optional) Add a display name.
Select the Location type:
OTHER_LOCATIONto create a location that’s not an orchestrated cloud environment.
AWS_LOCATIONto allow NGINX Controller to orchestrate deployments on Amazon Web Services.
AWS_LOCATIONtype, provide the following information:
(Optional) Add a description.
(Optional) Add tags.
View, Edit, and Delete Locations
Take the following steps to view, edit, or delete a Location:
- Open the NGINX Controller user interface and log in.
- Select the NGINX Controller menu icon, then select Infrastructure.
- On the Infrastructure Menu, select Locations.
- On the My Locations menu, select Overview.
- To view the details for a Location, including the linked Instances, select the Location name in the list of Locations.
- To edit a Location, select Edit.
- To delete a Location, select Delete.
This documentation applies to the following versions of NGINX Controller Documentation:
3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, 3.9, 3.10, 3.11 and 3.12.