Create and manage Locations for your NGINX Instances.
You can logically group your NGINX instances by their physical locations using the Locations settings page.
By default, NGINX Instances are added to the
unspecifiedLocation. The unspecified Location is a system-owned resource that can’t be updated or deleted.
To create a Location, take the following steps:
Open the NGINX Controller user interface and log in.
Select the NGINX Controller menu icon, then select Infrastructure.
On the Infrastructure Menu, select Locations.
On the Quick Action menu, select Create Location.
On the Create Location page, provide the Location name.
(Optional) Add a display name.
Select the Location type:
OTHER_LOCATIONto create a Location that’s not an orchestrated cloud environment.
AWS_LOCATIONto create a location for NGINX instances on Amazon Web Services. For instructions on how to deploy NGINX instances on AWS, refer to the tutorial Add an AWS NGINX Instance .
(Optional) Add a description.
(Optional) Add tags.
Take the following steps to view, edit, or delete a Location:
- Open the NGINX Controller user interface and log in.
- Select the NGINX Controller menu icon, then select Infrastructure.
- On the Infrastructure Menu, select Locations.
- On the My Locations menu, select Overview.
- To view the details for a Location, including the linked Instances, select the Location name in the list of Locations.
- To edit a Location, select Edit.
- To delete a Location, select Delete.
- Add an Instance to a Location
- Add an AWS NGINX Instance
- Add an Azure NGINX Instance
- Add a VSphere NGINX Instance
- Manage your NGINX Instances
This documentation applies to the following versions of NGINX Controller: 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, 3.9, 3.10, 3.12, 3.13, 3.14, 3.15, 3.16.1, 3.17 and 3.18.