General questions about NGINX Amplify
NGINX Amplify is a tool for comprehensive NGINX monitoring. With NGINX Amplify it’s easy to proactively analyze and fix problems related to running and scaling NGINX-based web applications.
You can use NGINX Amplify to do the following:
- Visualize and identify NGINX performance bottlenecks, overloaded servers, or potential DDoS attacks
- Improve and optimize NGINX performance with intelligent advice and recommendations
- Get notified when something is wrong with the application infrastructure
- Plan web application capacity and performance
- Keep track of the systems running NGINX
NGINX Amplify is a SaaS and it is currently hosted in AWS us-west-1 (US West, N. California).
All communications between the agent and the backend are done securely over SSL/TLS. The agent always initiates all traffic. The backend system doesn’t set up any connections back to the agent.
It could be that you’re starting the install script from a non-root account. In this case, you will need sudo rights. While it depends on a particular system configuration, with a non-root account sudo will typically ask for a password.